17.5.07

The Cameron Highlands

This was literally a cool place to stay as its high up the mountains and temperatures are moderately low in the evenings it was even nice to be able to wear a longsleeved shirt in the evenings. The smell of fresh cool air, a quiet little town and nothing much to do. I liked the change. For some people the place might be boring, because the main activity is making walks around the area. But if you like plants -like I do- its a nice place to visit. Somehow the place reminds me of the alps and I guess some other people had had the same impression, because there were more than some architecture resembling that region of europe..
I met some swedes over there that I later bumped into in Kuala Lumpur and then to my astonishment at the airport arriving to Bali.
Did a nice trek up the hillside one day. On the second evening I had a barbecue grilling some sausages and using the rest of my "Turun sinappi"(a finnish mustard I'd been carrying around). Mmm! The sausages were'nt that good, but ah the mustard! Like it had been the key ingredient of my christmas it certainly made my day then. =) The only downside was, that somebody obiously really liked my old trusty finnish knife that I'd found some years earlier in the forest, cuz' somehow it vanished without a trace. Well.. What comes around goes around.. I decided that I wanted to move on to Kuala Lumpur and onwards to Indonesia, which had started to somehow exite my imagination..

No comments: