31.3.07

Glimpses from Bangkok

The two and a half weeks I spent in Bangkok were initially spent with stress and frustration, which slowly turned out to a quite enjoyable and memoriable experience. This set also has the pictures I took from a daytrip to Ayuttaya, the Old capital of the Siamese empire of citystates.
The ruins of ancient temples were impressive and one could have spent much more time discovering different areas with other types of ancient architecture.
But first -Krung Thep:
Views over Bangkok from the golden mountain:This pic from Khao san road with the little girl is a bit fuzzy, but somehow it really appeals to me:

This is for local people that don't have the time to take their children out of Bangkok -a waterpark built onto the roof of a shopping mall:

I keep awing how people keep creating these idyllic hideouts even in big metropols:

But so often its the opposite of idyllic:

Went around checking out some temples too:


I have a liking towards entropy and also in Bangkok I found some entropic perspectives..
-like somebody said: "I like things that are broken."
I guess this is also, why I love ruins. !)

Light in the end of the tunnel?:Here´s a few pictures from Ayuttaya:









Aight! Next..

No comments: