26.2.07

Good Thais, bad Thais..

Hi anybody who still happens to follow this blog of mine.. Have'nt really been updating cuz' I had my passport stolen on the second day I was in Bangkok (I was in this bar listening to live music when two thai girls sat on to the same table I was sitting at. Did'nt really pay attention to them, cuz' I was watching the band, but I should have, since they must've put something into my drink because the next thing I know I wake up and was stripped of my belongings and spent the next six hours really confused and not really understanding what the heck had happened) I also almost ran outa cash and did'nt want to spend the money in net cafes -I had to borrow the money to a new passport from my brother.

explaining all this in finnish:



Spent two and a half weeks in Bangkok and sorted things out. Met some really nice people along the way who really helped me out in times of distress. Then I escaped to the west coast south of Ranong to what was left of the rainbow gathering. Spent about three weeks there. Met some really over there too. Squatting first a quite nice treehouse by the beach and then later on, when these two finns Jusu & Juuso moved out of the one they'd been squatting I moved into that one at the end of the beach.

Here's the treehouse:

So days flew by at the beach with no electricity or modern appliances exept for running water. So no updating there either.
A local guy invited us to go to a waterfall in the middle of the jungle near Khura buri while he was visiting his rubber plantation. turned out to be quite nice..
Here's Eli Diving in:

Well anyways I got my situation in order and did a quick trip to Bangkok to get the new passport and then did a quick turn in Victoria point, Burma to renew my visa and back to the beach again. Sorted out my shortage of money too and then hitchhiked to Phuket to see Jusu and Juuso do their magnificent fireshow -making a pretty baht by the way.

- When I got there I bumped into Juuso at the 'On on Hotel' and after the first night I moved into their room(for free by the way =D -I'm such a bum!). Turns out, that this Japanese girl Meg is also there and a Swiss guy named Osan. Meg is doing firedance and Osan is playing the drum for them. I'm hired as the official promotional photographer ;)
Yesterday we moved into a larger room as the manager did'nt really like realizing that there was five people living in a room for two =D
I've also got to borrow their rented scooter and strolled around Phuket island with it.. Today everyone took aholiday from working and we did an expedition to the northwestern beaches of the island and a waterfall in a national park..



I'll probaly improve this post later by adding some pic's, but at least I'm posting something again =)


So yes, I'm alive and breathing.
How about you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No vihdoinkin jotain tarinaa sun matkasta! Harmi kun ei ehdita nahda, ens kerralla sit :)

Anonymous said...

No vihdoinkin jotain tarinaa sun matkasta! Harmi kun ei ehdita nahda, ens kerralla sit :) -Tinja

Anonymous said...

Pointti on ett ukko on kunnossa.